Women of Capo

In honor of Women’s History Month in March, we recognize some of the female leaders at Capo.

Ellie Wingen, Page Editor

In her varsity jacket and cheer uniform, Burk displays her personalized banner on Capo’s field.

I’ve been on Capo Cheer for the past four years and I’ve been varsity captain for the last two years! Leading the girls on my team has been so rewarding as I’ve been able to watch us grow as athletes and as people. I’ve also been a part of Capo ASB for the past year, and as of this year, I am on the executive board. ASB has allowed me to reach out of my comfort zone and make it a goal to get all students at Capo involved. Both cheer and ASB have contributed immensely to my overall outstanding experience at Capo and I am excited for what the rest of this year has planned for me!” Greta Burk

Scott and her fellow critics show their appreciation after watching a show in South Coast Repertory.

I am a Link Leader and Capo’s lead critic for Cappies, a theatre program where students see shows at other high schools and write reviews on them. I am especially fond of Cappies because it has been a way to celebrate the arts and keep them alive during the pandemic. Additionally, many fond memories were made going to see shows with my team last year. Being able to appreciate theatre, enhancing my writing skills and bonding with my friends and teammates has been a special opportunity.” Claire Scott

Cheng and her vice-president reveal their excitement for Musical Mentors at Steam Showcase.

“I participate in Musical Mentors, a club that I’m the president of along with United Sound. I’m also a section leader in Marching Band. I genuinely do enjoy all of them as each of them are rewarding in different ways. Holding a leadership position in Marching Band is amazing because you are able to see the younger kids’ progress and how they grow over the course of the year. Just observing that growth in skill and confidence is fascinating to see. I have enjoyed my time spent in Musical Mentors, United Sound and the Marching Band and I plan to continue to branch out in search of more opportunities in the future.” Cassidy Cheng

Bilt celebrates all of her accomplishments going into her 12th year of Girl Scouts.

“I have been a Girl Scout for 12 years and I’m working on achieving a gold award! I love helping my community along with helping others learn how they can do good in their community, as well. Through the organizations I have worked with, I have experienced so many great opportunities to expand all parts of myself and the community around me.” Sabrina Bilt