Cougar TV recommendations

Check out students’ top television picks!

Chloe DaSilva, Opinion Editor

Wanda Vision

Streaming on Disney+, Wanda Vision is based on the Marvel Comics characters Wanda Maximoff and Vision that was highly recommended by numerous students. The mini-series takes place after the events of “Avengers: Endgame,” following Wanda and Vision as they live idealized suburban lives, or so it seems. Marvel fans are sure to enjoy this show if they haven’t watched it already.

Criminal Minds

Criminal Minds, with 15 seasons available on Netflix, follows an elite squad of FBI profilers in the Behavioral Analysis Unit. Students appreciate the juxtaposition between a likable ensemble cast and the suspense of a different case in each episode. Viewers can anticipate the next moves of the perpetrator along with the BAU, which makes this series an enjoyable and thrilling watch. 

Friends

A classic favorite, Friends is an American television sitcom that stars six best friends and their hilarious lives in New York. One of the main reasons students enjoy this show is the likability of the characters and feeling of nostalgia, as it originally ran from 1994 to 2004. This iconic show is worth the watch if you’re looking for a fun and easy-going viewing experience.

Cobra Kai

Cobra Kai, based on the original Karate Kid films by Robert Mark Kamen, was praised by various students around campus. Cobra Kai is a martial arts comedy-drama streaming on Netflix and has recently come back into popularity with the release of its third season in January. In the series, the infamous Cobra Kai dojo was reopened by Johnny Lawerence. This is a great pick for both young and old audiences.

Miraculous Ladybug

Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir is a French-Italian-Japanese-South Korean animated superhero series. Although aimed at a younger audience, this show strikes an interest in many Capo teens due to the relationship between the two main characters, Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Adrien Agreste. Stream Miraculous Ladybug on Netflix to find out more about Marinette and her double life as a crime-fighting superhero known as Ladybug.